lets talk about it

4:02 AM

let's talk about gold ribbons and girls with perfect houses. The girls with 18 unopen text messages, and 18 unopen ex messages, from any unopen 18 year old who left every ounce of dignity at some doorstep past the mexican border.

lets talk about september 12th 2001, and the day after that, and the day after that. let's talk about the food, and the weather, and when we're done let's just listen to the music.

let's talk about graduation

let's talk about 4 months, 21 days, and the rest of our lives

but no, stop worrying,

because all i really wanted to talk about was now

right now

lets listen to the always infinite air and maybe we'll finally hear the sound of more than just 25 hundred bleeding heartbeats. languages we've never understood, but they're audible, and they're powerful, and there's nothing google could never translate.

i wish heartbeats were things people could translate. 

i wish hallways were more than infamous dungeons, and pathways were only cracks in the road, 

because these streets should be long enough to hold us all.

there are enough fault lines covering our planet and ourselves to destroy you. there have been enough hurricanes and tsunamis to wash your mind of ever being extraordinary

and isn't it funny?

 how you need water to survive, but it's the easiest thing to kill you.

how you need people to survive, but they're the easiest things to kill you.

We have 4 months

and 21 days

you've got a tire in the back to spare, and just enough time to make a difference

so if you're looking for a hurricane, 

then come with me. 

these outstretched arms have never been something far apart.


14 comments

  1. Duuuuuude. The tsunami and the fault lines and how heartbeats in google translate and just enough time to make a difference and how water can kill you even though you need it to survive.

    I feel like Ice Cube when I say today is gonna be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, you need better sleep habits

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me astonished every time. You are amazing, and I can not believe how someone could be this good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's talk about 4 months, 21 days, and the rest of our lives and you've got a tire in the back to spare, and just enough time to make a difference
    This turned out really really good. You're gonna kill it at the open mic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had middle of the night thoughts this important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did awesome today. And I have to apologize for making you wait so long.

    Again great job today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. And literally I love the way you write. You're seriously inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "lets talk about september 12th 2001, and the day after that, and the day after that. let's talk about the food, and the weather, and when we're done let's just listen to the music."

    Like who ever thinks about Sept. 12???? Not me. Let's freakin' talk about it. The aftermath. a fu

    I feel like I shouldn't keep commenting on high school blogs. But you keep me coming back. I mean holy shit McEwan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing. I didn't really it was only 4 months and 21 days.... :'(( that makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN YOU PERFORM THIS. Nelson doesn't understand our sleep habits lol. Yours are a bit worse than mine though.. K this is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not sure why i just am barley reading this BUT HOLY COW you've done it again. niiiiiiice words you've got there.

    ReplyDelete