sympathy & empathy

2:56 AM

for terik,

i love you. 

im sorry i always forgot how to pronounce your name. it took me a few months to finally remember. i've never been good at that. i should probably figure it out though because im planning on becoming a teacher...

maybe you can help me. 




for the rest of you,

i love you. 

please listen to this song. it has brought me so much peace and comfort today. 

i have been listening to it since 6:00 this morning. on the drive to school, during every class, i even bought the sheet music and started learning it. i didn't feel alone once today. i mean, i walked through the commons at lunch with earphones in and felt the spirit. :) 




discussing sympathy and empathy is so interesting to me. 

i believe that sympathy belongs to countless numbers

and empathy belongs to one 

and that one loves you, and knows what you're going through, and you're all he can ever think about 

and he's never giving up on you. 

so don't you dare give up on him. 







7 comments

  1. Grateful that you made me sit down in the commons today and listen to this with you Madeline. Before any of us had any idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you read this in class, I got shivers because with the music and all I have to agree, the spirit was at our school. And you brought it in our little classroom. Thanks for letting me feel something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this in class and this song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this in class today. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you shared this in class today I knew everything was going to be okay eventually. thank you Madeline. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't in class for this, but I heard about it. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete