i am a dead fish

11:59 PM

i am sleeping but i am not beautiful
you kissed me but you are not a prince

we were fish but not the gold kind
the kind you'd find in lakes or in ponds
the kind you'd find while skinny dipping

and they caught us

hands on bodies
bodies on bodies
bodies of water

we were lake erie, we were the dead sea.

you were called to the pacific,
and I am lying in a bath tub 

and other than you, my love,
the fresh water is what killed me.

so i am writing, just to tell you, i am dead now. 

i am too dead for you now.










3 comments

  1. That last picture is my favorite picture of us <3 I think you are beautiful when you sleep baby (kissy face emoji (i dont know how to do those on the computer)), water me baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked this, couldn't tell you why, i just did. Has a nice a flow

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...i am dead now.

    i am too dead for you now."

    I feel this so much

    ReplyDelete