march 17

10:59 AM

we fought like first graders

i remember that one night we were coloring in the basement and you kept trying to steal that grayish-blue crayon from me. i couldn't tell if you  actually needed it, or if you just wanted to hold my hand. 

16 never felt so child-like
but i was fine with that

our go-to was bowling. we'd stay up all night sending each other those stupid facebook bunny stickers, and whenever we had somewhere to go we'd make someone else drive just so we could cuddle in the back seat. 

you always made fun of me for holding so tight, but here's why:

you drew all over my favorite sweater and we broke up 2 weeks later. 


my mom said it would come out in the wash, but it never did

i always knew it wouldn't

and now i'll be forever reminded of the midnight drives we never went on, and those birthday wishes you never wished me; but hunny, broken crayons still color so don't go thinking you fooled me this time.

3 comments