bears and butterflies

6:36 PM

i know i'm human because i get emotional.  

but i guess animals do too.  

yesterday my dad moved our couch to the other side of the living room, and my dog cried for 20 minutes after realizing he couldn't see out the window.

i know i'm human because without telling i moved it back.

maybe it's because i get so riled up about name calling. if i were a pageant girl "i'd stop bullying" would be my answer to "how would you change the world?"

and that's really the only reason i wanna be a teacher.


or maybe it's because i already have my favorite band's 4th album memorized, and it doesn't even come out till tomorrow.

or because i don't know which ways north, and which ways south, and where the hell is the point of the mountain anyway? 


maybe it's because birds and butterflies migrate when it's winter, and because every bear somehow sleeps through it

and let me tell you; 

i'd love to sleep through it


but maybe that's what makes me human.

maybe it's because no matter how cold it gets, 

or no matter how many times the hot coco machine breaks down during the month of december -


maybe 

just maybe........

maybe

it's 
because 


always 

decide

 to 

stay.

24 comments

  1. ditto to the other three comments. you knocked this outta the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the hot chocolate machine, because I can't go a day November - February without drinking a cup of hot chocolate or tea.

    #confession

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single thing you write. This is one of my favs of yours <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're writing is
    unreal
    unreal
    unreal
    so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got talent. definitely a writer to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "i know i'm human because without telling i moved it back."

    Your dog is lucky to have you.

    Your blog is ridiculous. I mean this in a good way.

    I feel like I finally understand sign language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that picture with the answer LOVE crossed out YES YES YESYSY SYSYSYSYSYSYYYEEES

      Delete
  7. I felt so many things while reading this.
    I stared at the picture of love crossed out for five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That test picture with love crossed out is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so perfect! i love love love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your pictures really concect with your post i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe it's because birds and butterflies migrate when it's winter, and every bear somehow sleeps through it.




    and let me tell you; i'd love to sleep through it.

    shit you write like you've taken the class before or read too many past blogs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry that was supposed to be a compliment. What I meant was: you come across as a fully developed writer. I love your fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing one of your pictures...
    #sorrynotsorry
    #Stolen!!
    #itjustworks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where the hell is the point of the mountain anyway?
    Hi I blog stalk you and everything stalk you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your writing style and im realizing right now is where you were in the class when you wrote this and that makes me feel so far behind

    but thanks for the inspiration

    you're a gem

    ReplyDelete