dear toth feiry

11:00 PM

i miss when pony tails never required bobby pins

i hate that i used to complain about 9 am kindergarten,
and that pony tails never required bobby pins

and nowadays i try not to complain about 7 am high school
and at this point I'm holding my whole life together with bobby pins


when we depended on everyone except ourselves, and laces, they tied up more shoes than hearts that were broken


the way our eyes saw beauty
the way our eyes were never dry
but that was fine, because there was always someone to fix that


and nowadays,
there's nobody that will fix that. 

but look,

 we're all sad, and we're all alone, and we're all scared, and we all cry, and we all go on almost midnight drives up and down nowhere just to play some john mayer / ed sheeran remix leaving every threatening sorrow at red, yellow, green, or whatever lights we decided to stop at.

and it's always midnight

we're too afraid of being seen
or being heard
or being fixed

we haven't grown up
we've grown prideful

we've grown a garden full of blood stained daisies, and we're too stubborn to let someone else over only to say hi.

bring us peanut-butter cookies, or just pet the dog.

if we missed it we'd still be crying over popsicles that hit the same pavement as our knees...

...and sorry
I'm just saying that it's time.

like milk used to stain lips,


but now I'm so glad that it's you



15 comments

  1. "and at this point I'm holding my whole life together with bobby pins" same
    and the last line is killer <3
    I look forward to reading your blog every week

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And it's always midnight" and this is good. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if we missed it we'd still be crying over popsicles that hit the same pavement as our knees...

    Every post is beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just soo good. The dream is to be as good as you. Every word is something beautiful. Never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if we missed it we'd still be crying over popsicles that hit the same pavement as our knees..."

    Are you freakin kidding me?!
    I'm obsessed with everything CORNELIA BOOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing is so good I just want to comment to feel cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We are all afraid of being heard, being seen, or being fixed"

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that really touched me...you make words beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "when we depended on everyone but ourselves, and laces had never been such a burden"
    Just one of my favourite parts. This was stellar. I mean absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We read this out loud in class.

    I performed this with a few students during 4th period. It was the coolest thing I've been a part of all day. (Granted, I haven't eaten lunch, yet...but still...)

    Anyway.

    Some girl came in from the newspaper. She's working on a newspaper article about poetry and I gave her your name. She can't get ahold of you.

    You're a poet.

    You're a poet.

    I just wanted to tell you in case you didn't know.

    You're a poet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favorite post of yours. I mean all of them are unbelievable but i think I like this one the most. Loved every word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "we're all sad, and we're all alone, and we're all scared, and we all cry, and we all go on almost midnight drives up and down nowhere just to play a john mayer / ed sheeran remix leaving every threatening sorrow at some red, yellow, green, or whatever light we were supposed to stop at."

    wow. i'd have quoted the whole post but i thought that'd be a little long for a comment. but seriously this was so good. you're up there with the best of them. not just the good ones, the BEST. major props.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, this really hit me. good and hard. thank you.

    ReplyDelete