make time, kid

3:40 PM

this is from me to you

from a girl who can't sit longer than 30 minutes
to a boy who couldn't ever spend just an hour in a dream

last wednesday was a breaking point (we all know)
last wednesday
and the wednesday before
and before
and before
and before

and i don't know what it is about wednesdays but maybe it's the way it's spelt
or because it's the middle
and for some reason the middle is always the worst

like the name
and the stomach
and the child 

i don't know what it is about wednesdays but maybe it's because of haircuts
or maybe it's because i was born

so now my family calls me "wednesday's child"
an orphan from the newspaper years ago


wednesdays and orphans are fine
wednesdays and orphans are fine


but I'm not gonna make this about wednesdays, or orphans, because this is from me to you

from an introvert
to an extrovert

because she can't sit without screaming
because he's too busy for dreaming


but I'm not gonna make this about screaming or dreaming
because this is from me to you:

this is from me to you:






from young we were taught how to love but not how to stop

and baby i've tried
                             and i've tried
                                       and i've tried


to

    stop 
                                          thinking

but

          it

just
                      

 doesn't
                                                           seem
          to
                      work. 

13 comments

  1. This is so beautiful. And it made Wednesdays make a lot more sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from young we were taught how to love but not how to stop
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "From an introvert
    To an extrovert"

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh dang it I don't even know what to say because as usual you are ***flawless (that's a Beyonce reference right there)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav of yours so far <33 they just keep getting better and better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness yes I love this so much and honestly what is it about Wednesdays seriously there is something about Wednesdays and and also about this post it's just stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KLJHEKFHIOWJEFIO> let me be you.
    "from young we were taught how to love but not how to stop"
    this was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so good. I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't worry i can't ever stop thinking either.
    "From young we were taught how to love but not how to stop."
    #STOLEN

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have an extreme love for every word you write. <3 Kinda dreading next wednesday now

    ReplyDelete
  11. I APPRECIATE YOUR BLOG. I APPRECIATE THIS POST. I APPRECIATE THE UNTAPPED POTENTIAL THAT IS A WEDNESDAY. I APPRECIATE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're really good at this.

    From one Wednesday's Child to another.

    ReplyDelete