after the storm - mumford and sons

11:56 PM

hurricanes are most common during the months of september through december.
maybe it's because the weather changes,
maybe it's because even the ocean is worried about christmas shopping,
and that wouldn't surprise me.


hurricanes always seem to hit me in november.
maybe it's because the weather changes,
maybe it's because of the ACT, i don't know,
that wouldn't surprise me either.

but this year, i think it's different



because november came like a downpour

november came like late night swims and cold blankets

and november is the 7th

november has pretty hair, and pretty music, and november doesn't even mind broken movie screens

november is anywhere between stupid parties or just your basement

november is beautiful, and scary, and young, and confused, but that doesn't matter because november is just seeing what happens.

and i like that.


i wish i could freeze time a little faster than our hands. i wish curfew was further north from the last place we drove, and i wish your favorite songs and unimportant letters were somehow forgotten easier than the first person i ever loved.




november was a downpour

november was a 6 foot 2 downpour

and november is just seeing what happens



and maybe,
one day,
maybe november will be december.




but if not, that's ok.

because november taught me to be happy:



even if there was a little rain





7 comments

  1. I really really like what you did with this and I'm glad november is good for someone <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it's because even the ocean is worried about christmas shopping
    and that wouldn't surprise me.

    Yes. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? How? I love you. This is amazing as always. Like wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. "because november is just seeing what happens. And I like that."
    #stolen
    "November was a 6 foot 2 downpour."
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'november was a downpour

    november was a 6 foot 2 downpour'

    OOH chills everytime. You get to me cornelia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to all of this.

    and I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey this was really good. I like November too.

    ReplyDelete