clocks

9:23 PM


im nothing except numb and cold and torn and speechless


i've always wished that i could turn back the clock
start over
try again

and today i got to

only an hour, but an hour, an hour is enough

we didn't do anything about it though

we turned our clocks back an hour, and we did absolutely nothing about it.



today was different


maybe it's because it got darker sooner
 it got darker sooner and colder sooner

maybe it's because we set our clocks a little bit further away from death.



but if it was,
  


our clocks,







they failed us didn't they.



15 comments

  1. unreal.
    so short and so just on point. everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really emotional right now. Damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "they failed us didn't they."

    Yesss to everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY HECK CORNELIA BOOM STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had just managed to tame my tears until I read this. holy shit..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn. "They failed us didn't they"

    ReplyDelete
  7. feeling so many emotions right now. absolutely loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEST DEATH POST I'VE READ SO FAR.
    EVER.
    I mean maybe I'm overreacting but you just threw it down and I respect that. I respect this. Well DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boom. (i had to.) So good. "we didn't do anything about it though" We had another hour and PROBABLY WE ALL SLEPT THROUGH IT and this is perfect and this is still perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Nelson and Jackie. This idea and pairing it with daylight savings. incredible. Genius. CREATIVE.

    ReplyDelete